Bamboo .NET In a Nutshell

Paul Cherepanov September 4, 2012

Well, I believe, I'm performing a very typical setup. There's a Mercurial repository here, a staging server there, and there's also a production server somewhere.

I'd like to build the repository on every commit and automatically deploy the update to the staging environment. I will manually trigger the production build to produce downloadable deployment packages sometimes.

Could you please point me to an article covering such basic things or finally write it for all the beginners -- the potential customers of your product :)

It would be great to support the article with some examples on choosing the right build strategy, automatic versioning and the like.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2012

It sounds like you are looking to configure a plan. We have a document on the basic concepts surrounding this issue available below.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Configuring+plans

Basically you are going to create a new plan from your bamboo. From this dialog you will be able to select If you want to create new project to associate with this plan. You will also be able to select the type of repository and authentication method that you use to connect to it.

Scrolling further down the page you will see a drop down for build strategy. This drop down should allow you to specify the build to kick off on on every commit of that repository.

The next page presents you with the ability to add a series of tasks. I am not entirely sure what steps you have to take to deploy your product, but there are a number of tasks that you can configure to trigger at every commit. You can use the Maven or Ant to handle your versioning, but Bamboo also keeps track of the number of times it has run a given plan.

Finally we have an extensive Knowledge Base available at the URL below.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Bamboo+Documentation+Home

Paul Cherepanov September 4, 2012

That's what I expected.. They think their docs are great. Apparantly they aren't. Are you lobbying interests of your "partnters" by doing that? I would say, what you pointed me to is not a documentation information wise. It's easy to figure out everything contained in these "docs" straight from the UI or/and a single introduction video. It has no sense at all

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events