Bamboo Link build plan - strange text format issue Edited

I have upgraded Bitbucket and Bamboo to the latest version.

When I try to link a build plan in a new deployment project, I got an invalid character for ">" after I select a build plan from the dropdown. Due to this invalid character I cannot create a plan. 

Please see screenshot below:

After I select a build plan from the dropdown:

bamboo2.JPG

When I clicked on the drop down:

bamboo1.JPG

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

I suspect this is caused due to the wrong encoding. Check if the encoding is set to UTF8 by going to Overview -> System Information. If not, just follow this page to update it

1. Shutdown Bamboo

2. Edit <Bamboo Installation Dir>/bin/setenv.sh

3. Add this line in quotes under JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS=

-Dfile.encoding=utf-8 -Dsun.jnu.encoding=utf-8
  4. Restart Bamboo and check that your system encoding changes to utf-8 from the System information page.

Note: If you are using Windows and using Bamboo as a service, you may have to set JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS in Bamboo service by following this page - Configuring your system properties.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 50m ago in Statuspage

How do your teams prepare for really high (planned) traffic days like Cyber Monday?

Hi there! Shannon from Statuspage here.  👋  With Cyber Monday quickly approaching, we're looking to hear from Atlassian customers – specifically from teams who touch incident response li...

6 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you