Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo/JIRA integration based on branch name?

Colin Cornaby January 9, 2015

We have JIRA/Bamboo/Stash running together. I've noticed that JIRA will only link to Bamboo and Stash seemingly only if the issue is mentioned in a commit. We're using the issue key as part of the branch name, and while JIRA will link the branch, we don't see any additional linkage of commits under that branch or builds based off that branch to JIRA.

Is there a way to get Stash and Bamboo to forward information into JIRA based on the branch name and not just commits?

5 answers

1 vote
Colin Cornaby January 19, 2015

Some of the branches are being created from JIRA, but some are not. We just performed our JIRA integration. However, all of the branches contain the issue key.

Last I checked, the application links were intact. If I mention the issue key in a commit, everything works. But the issue key has to be mentioned in a commit for this to work.

0 votes
Susant Prusty January 18, 2015

In the application links intact ? if you have upgraded to any new verison then you have to re-create the application link to make it work properly.

You must be doing that , but just curious to ask are you creating the branches from JIRA and for all commits are you using the issue key as commit message ?

Thank you

Regards,

Susant

0 votes
Colin Cornaby January 13, 2015

We're using JIRA 6.3.13. That's correct, I'm referring to the development panel. Despite the branch name containing the issue key, I'm only seeing builds appear in the development panel when he commit that triggers the build mentions the issue key.

0 votes
Susant Prusty January 13, 2015

Are you referring to the development pane in JIRA ? what version of JIRA you are using ?

Thank you

Regards,

Susant

0 votes
Colin Cornaby January 9, 2015

I realized I've brought Stash into this, but I'm primarily interested in Bamboo build information right now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events