Bamboo - Is MS Lync supported for IM Integration?

Soumya Pal February 1, 2012

We are trying out Bamboo in our company as a trial. We already use Confluence, JIRA and GreenHopper. Currently w are using Hudson for CI and would like to move to Bamboo if it allows us to do IM integration with Microsoft Lync. We recently moved to Lync for our corporate IM mesaaging.

The idea is we have dedicated Lync IM account which we plug in with Bamboo and CI and that send instant IM messages to all interested parties working in a Agile team.

I was able to test it with Gtalk and it worked a treat.

However when I tried to connect to Internal MS Lync connect server it cannot locate it. I have checked and there is no Firewall. I am using a uvalid Lync username. Not using a password as it uses TLS for authentication. Any idea which port we should try to connect?

Anyone who has sucessfully connected to Lync please advice,.

Moreover is MS Lync at all supported by Bamboo? Didn't find any documentation on it.

Thanks

Soumya

2 answers

0 votes
Raj Prasad October 20, 2014

Dosnt look like it's supported yet.

see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-13385

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2012

Do you have XMPP gateway enabled on your Lync Server?

Soumya Pal February 2, 2012

Yes. we have.

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2012

Is the gateway port reachable from Bamboo? Are you able to set up a sniffer on Lync to see if there's anything going to that port from Bamboo Server?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events