Bamboo Global Variables

Justin Bleach October 5, 2017

I saw the post about Bamboo caching global variables but I'm in a situation where I have deleted the global variables and every time I run a NEW deploy it STILL uses them!

Can someone please tell me how I can change the global variables for when a NEW deploy is done. I'm NOT re-running anything.

I tried to set the variables on the Deploy environment itself but it's still grabbing the Global variables. It's pretty insane! Nothing I do gets rid of them or changes them!

Bamboo version is 5.15.0.1 build 51513.

1 answer

0 votes
robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2017

Hi Justin,

I believe the behavior you are facing is because of the fact that the releases you are triggering is linked with the older build numbers which used the global variable values. Hence, the deployment releases are also using the same value because it is expected so as to maintain the consistency.

Try creating a new build and link a new release with this build number and see if it works or not.

Please accept the answer if it works for you so that others can also benefit from it.

Thanks,

Robhit

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events