Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo For .Net Windows Application

Teddy Suyanto August 10, 2014

From what I see in Bamboo, I have a feeling that Bamboo is best suited for Web Application.

I see that we can build, test, deploy in Bamboo.

How about Windows application (e.g. .Net), does Bamboo still offer same capabilities like in Web Application?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gretchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2014

Depends on what it is specifically you're interested in. You weren't very specific in your question so I can only offer a general answer.

It can easily do command line builds using msbuild and devenv (or whatever the other msbuild command is). You can use nunit for reporting nunit testing results.

Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2014
Adding
  • MSTest for testing as well.
  • NCover for coverage reports.
0 votes
Teddy Suyanto August 12, 2014

Ok, so let me summarize, what we can do in bamboo for win forms:

• MSBuild -> to build
  • MSTest -> for unit testing
  • NCover -> coverage report

1. How about msi package? is it possible using bamboo?

2. For bamboo I was thinking about using it (for .net win forms) to build, run unit test, deploy (create .msi). If you could give me more example or suggestion on what else I can do with bamboo, would be great.

Thanks

Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2014

The simple answer is yes.

There are a few built-in (technically 'Atlassian Bamboo .NET Plugin') tasks like the MSBuild, MSTest Runner but you can run any command line, batch script, or PowerShell from Bamboo.

The only special things Bamboo does that you can't customize are display. The Test Runners and Parsers will display the tests in a special view, I believe NCover works the same but haven't used it in Bamboo yet.

0 votes
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 10, 2014

What capabilities does it offer you for your web application?

Over here we're building and deploying Web Forms, MVC, ASMX Services, Console Applications with Scheduled Tasks, and Windows Services -- all .net 4.0

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events