EC2 user with "AdministratorAccess". 

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks,

Artsiom

8 answers

4 votes
Vlad Salagean September 25, 2015

Hi @Jaime Silveira

I am having the same problem as described by @Artyom Shimanovsky, @christian vejrich and @Reza Farshi.

I am using an Amazon free tier account on a Bamboo Cloud trial version trying to build a .NET application using Elastic Bamboo instance type ami-22a6a33f (Bamboo Windows image with .NET 4.0) which I am not able to start from Bamboo Cloud interface.

Solved it by giving "AmazonEC2FullAccess" to the Elastic Bamboo user in IAM Management Console.

For that you go to Security credentials>Users>ElasticBamboo User>Permissions>Attach Policy>AmazonEC2FullAccess

Would be great if this could be better documented in the Bamboo howto pages for the future.

Best regards,

Vlad

Chandra Shekar December 29, 2015

This worked for me. The documentation for Bamboo is really pathetic. I am struggling to create one sample build from few days.

Like Einar Coutin likes this
Luke Mason January 2, 2016

Thank you! This got me running after much frustration!

vitalii April 25, 2016

Thanks, that helped me!

3 votes
christian vejrich July 14, 2015

Failed to start elastic instances: Error when starting a new instance

I have the same error.

And no, i can not check the logs im using your cloud service, and that is the only error message you provide. thanks for a horrible user experience.  

Artyom Shimanovsky July 14, 2015

Hi Christian. I recommend you setup aws tools (example for linux) and try launch of bamboo instance with this tools (with default bamboo ami, bamboo security group, bamboo pair of keys). You will get full logs of error. I can help you setup this tools, if need

luiscborbon July 15, 2015

Please can you provide an example of this, we are on trial of Bamboo.

1 vote
Reza Farshi July 8, 2015

Hi Jaime 

I have the same problem. I set access key of root account of AWS in elastic bamboo configuration. also I am able to spin up an instance of ami-b69dd0de  AMI. which is a bamboo AMI. but when I want to start to instance from the bamboo administration panel this error pop up immediately :

Failed to start elastic instances: Error when starting a new instance

So It can not belong to AWS accoutn configuration. 
I am using AWS free tier account , and I am using bamboo 7 day trial version.
Any help appreciated.
Regards Reza

0 votes
Einar Coutin August 5, 2019

Giving full AWS access to an IAM user that's under automation is a REALLY bad idea. Just giving the necessary EC2 permissions suffices. You can limit your IAM policy to the Public IP address of your Bamboo instance as well.

0 votes
aaronroberson July 30, 2015

I wasted 4 hours dealing with this bull crap before finding the following unresolved issue:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-16109

0 votes
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2015

Hi, Ayrtom and Reza.

These errors are very generic and it's had to tell what is wrong just by looking at those, as many different problems could say that there was an error starting an instance.

The things I mentioned before (recreating the connection, checking the user has full permission) cover the basics.

If that doesn't solve the problem, further investigation will be necessary, specially checking the logs. For that, you can open a support request at Atlassian Support.

Kind regards,
Jaime Kirch da Silveira
Atlassian Cloud Support

0 votes
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2015

Hi, Artyom.

Have you tried checking or recreating your configuration between Bamboo and Amazon? Does the user connecting them have full permission in Amazon?

Also, check your keys and see if they are correctly generated.

If you still can't figure it out, please open a request at Atlassian Support. We'll be glad to help you out solving this problem.

Kind regards,
Jaime Kirch da Silveira
Atlassian Cloud Support

0 votes
atlastlas2015@gmail.com July 6, 2015
Jul 6, 2015 4:41:40 AM Currently there are no agents that can build: ES-DEV-JOB1. New elastic instance(s) will be started (providing the configuration allows it).
Jul 6, 2015 4:41:40 AM 1 elastic instance(s) will be started for those builds that cannot be build on currently connected agents.
Jul 6, 2015 4:42:40 AM Currently there are no agents that can build: ES-DEV-JOB1. New elastic instance(s) will be started (providing the configuration allows it).
Jul 6, 2015 4:42:40 AM 1 elastic instance(s) will be started for those builds that cannot be build on currently connected agents.
Jul 6, 2015 4:43:40 AM Currently there are no agents that can build: ES-DEV-JOB1. New elastic instance(s) will be started (providing the configuration allows it).
Jul 6, 2015 4:43:40 AM 1 elastic instance(s) will be started for those builds that cannot be build on currently connected agents.
nhooey October 1, 2015

Where is that log from? Please be precise so I can find it in my Bamboo Cloud account.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events