Bamboo: Error checking out Git

codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2014

I get this error when I want to checkout using git 1.9.4

com.atlassian.bamboo.repository.RepositoryException : java.lang.RuntimeException: com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.stash.repository.StashRepositoryException: com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.git.GitCommandException: command 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\git.exe' version failed with code -1. Working directory was [\]., stderr: )

What it is going wrong? Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2015

Any answer to the original post? I am also running into issue like this.

0 votes
ssetayeshfar
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2014

Hello Mathias,

1. Can you please check if you can successfully check out from the command line with the same user that is running the Bamboo process?
  2. If running Bamboo as a Windows service, please make sure you are running the service as a local admin account: Running Bamboo Service as a Local Admin
  3. Did you add a path to your Git executable under server capabilities in Bamboo: Defining a new version control capability

Hope this helps!
    If the issue persists, please open a support ticket and attach your log files from under <bamboo-home>/logs directory.

Thanks!
    Best,
    Sepideh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events