Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Error : You cannot access Bamboo at present. Look at the table below to identify the reasons:

abhaydwivedi1 June 15, 2016

Hi,

I am getting error while accessing the bamboo - 

2016-06-15 01:30:09fatalbootstrapBamboo bootstrap failed: Your build of Bamboo (4306) is too old to work with the data in your Bamboo home directory (/va

What is the issue here? Do I need to update the version?

Please advice.

2 answers

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2016

Yes, you need to update the version of Bamboo to one that is identical or newer to the one that has been used to create the data in your Bamboo home directory - from this question I'm inferring that build 4306 equals the meanwhile unsupported Bamboo version 5.5.1, so you'd need to use at least release 5.6.0 to still run a supported Bamboo version (please follow the instructions in the Bamboo upgrade guide to protect yourself from data loss, i.e. backup your database and disk etc.).

Background

Some Bamboo versions do run so called upgrade tasks that affect the schema of the Bamboo data that is stored in the database or on disk. Once this is done, it is not possible to revert back to an earlier version that is not able to handle those schema changes.

Cause

My best guess is that someone already tried to update your Bamboo installation to a more current Bamboo release and you are now effectively trying to go back to your previous or an older version somehow (this can easily happen when reverting to an outdated backup for example, or by using the wrong virtual machine or Docker image in a test installation or so).

0 votes
SidduAngadi June 15, 2016

cleanup hone directory or redirect home directory to different folder.  To change home home directory edit file:

<Bamboo installation directory>/atlassian-bamboo/WEB-INF/classes/ directory. 

bamboo.home=C:/test/bamboo-home

restart your bamboo service 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events