Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo EC2 Remote Desktop Connection password is not (yet) available

Jason Skjonsby March 15, 2012

I'm trying to setup bamboo with a Elastic Instance on Amazon EC2. After starting the new instance, it always says

'Remote Desktop Connection password is not (yet) available. If password randomisation is enabled on this image, it should become available within 15 minutes of startup.'

I'm unsure how to enable 'password randomisation', and evidently it's not enabled because the password does not become available after 15 minutes of startup.

Am I missing something here?

3 answers

1 vote
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2012

Are you using a stock Bamboo Windows image? If so, are there any exceptions in the server log?

If you are using a custom image, you need to create the image using EC2 Service program located on you instance.

Ephraim Moss October 14, 2013

I'm having a simlar issue. I made a copy of a stock bamboo windows image with some cutomisation. when booting up password never appears

Chad Godsey November 21, 2013

Before you create the image and while logged into the running instance you want to build an image of, go to Start > All Programs > EC2ConfigService Settings. This window will pop up.

Check the box to set a random password on boot (highlighed red here, it turns off after boot). Now when you image this instance and spin up new instances the password will show. Otherwise, you are stuck with whatever password you had last been able to log in with.

Ec2 Service Properties

0 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2015

The "elasticbamboo.pk" key could be missing on the bamboo/home/xml-data/configuration directory.

If that's the case, the keypair will have to be recreated by following the steps on Obtaining AWS Key Pair to access Amazon Elastic Instances

On Cloud, please contact Support at https://support.atlassian.com to check the keypair and to upload the key to the directory after creating it.

Cheers!

0 votes
Jason Skjonsby March 15, 2012

It's a default image: Default Image EBS x86_64 (windows). The server log shows no exceptions.

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
March 15, 2012

Are you able to retrieve the password using AWS Console?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events