Bamboo - Downloading deployment runtime files.

mark_gillespie July 23, 2015

Perhaps this might seem an odd question, but I can't figure out what we need.

We use Stash/GIT as our SCM, and one one of the key rules, is you avoid storing binaries in GIT.   We have mostly avoided this (aside from a few libs which we don't build, or can't build), these are all built by Bamboo nicely, and stored as downloadable artifacts for the deployment project to "download".

However when it comes to deployments, we also have large runtime files (e.g. .NET runtime) to pack into our installers that are built as part of our deployment projects.  We currently have a separate GIT repository for these binary files, but it's growing large - we know it's not the right way to do this (which is why we kept them separate), but we also don't know what the right way would be.

I have looked at artefact servers like Apache Archiva, but it seems like this is more like a product where you publish artefacts and then download them (which Bamboo already does).   In short, I can't see anything in the Bamboo Deployment project for downloading binary files from a binary file server to a place on the local disk, for packing into our installers.

Am I being totally stupid?  What would be the ideal way to achieve what we are trying to do?  

(Worth mentioning, environment is .NET/Windows)

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2015

Hello Mark,

You can add some Script task to download required files by command line (Wget for Windows or some PowerScript code) to work folder and then use these files as part of deployment process

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events