Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo: Details about automatic merges

Per Samuelsson April 4, 2013

Hi,

Is there someway to find out about the details of the automatic merges taking place when you enable this feature using plan branching and automatic merging?

For example, I'd like to know what kind of merge is done and what parameters are used. Like if --no-ff is used, what's the commit message I can expect.

I looked in the logs produced by a build, but found nothing about the merge taking place.

If it would be possible to customize, it would be even greater! :) But just knowing the details would be really helpful and probably enough for us in practice.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2013

The Automatic message on commit is "[bamboo] Automated branch merge". This can be veiwed and customized from the page BASE_URL/admin/repositorySettings.action

Per Samuelsson April 7, 2013

Thanks! That basically answer my question. I guess I can find out (by experimenting) what kind of merge is being executed by just checking these commits in the log after different kind of workflows.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events