Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Deploy plan without build source

Kus@123 December 21, 2017

We are trying to utilize Bamboo for deployment automation, although we are not quite ready for build automation yet. It will take long to get build dependencies resolved, over a year or so. 

So I am wondering, if its possible to automate only deployment process. So that we can automate and integrate that with Jira. I see source build is a mandatory field for deploy plan, is there is any workaround to skip build plan? or can I create a dummy build plan? 

1 answer

0 votes
robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2017

Hi Kus,

The basic workflow of CI/CD is you use your Build Plans to build your code, artifacts and then you use your Deployment Plans to deploy the artifacts/release to the target environment - UAT/PROD/DET, etc.

According to your requirement here, if you do not have the build plans then how and what you will supply to the deployment plans to deploy?

And since there will be no or dummy build plan for the deployment plan the release notes will also be useless as it will contain none or useless details in it which will be irrelevant to the deployed release.

Probably you can explain more about the requirement so that I can understand well if I am missing any point here.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events