Bamboo Custom Image Configuration - Unable to contact AWS to get AMI Details

Keith Holloway October 8, 2014

Atlassian doesn't have a Windows .NET 4.5 image (sigh), so I am creating one on my own via the amazingly detailed blog posts of David Stringer at http://davidstringeratwork.wordpress.com/2012/10/04/using-atlassian-bamboo-ondemand-for-visual-studio-2012-projects-part-1/.  

I have created an AMI image and now I am trying to create an elastic image configuration in Bamboo.  However, I get this error: "Unable to contact AWS to get AMI details: com.amazonaws.AmazonServiceException: Status Code: 403, AWS Service: AmazonEC2, AWS Request ID: 95ad13f4-950c-4018-8324-1ca0a2530adc, AWS Error Code: UnauthorizedOperation, AWS Error Message: You are not authorized to perform this operation."

I did have Bamboo working with a default AMI (the .NET 4.0 image from Atlassian), so I'm not sure why I am having problems here.  

Any help would be appreciated.

2 answers

3 votes
Vlad Salagean September 23, 2015

I had a similar error. Solved it by giving "AmazonEC2FullAccess" to the Elastic Bamboo user in IAM Management Console.

For that go to Security credentials>Users>ElasticBamboo User>Permissions>Attach Policy>AmazonEC2FullAccess

Not sure it would work for you but you can try.

1 vote
maulik May 11, 2015

I have same problem please let me know the solution

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events