Bamboo Custom Image Configuration - Unable to contact AWS to get AMI Details

Atlassian doesn't have a Windows .NET 4.5 image (sigh), so I am creating one on my own via the amazingly detailed blog posts of David Stringer at http://davidstringeratwork.wordpress.com/2012/10/04/using-atlassian-bamboo-ondemand-for-visual-studio-2012-projects-part-1/.  

I have created an AMI image and now I am trying to create an elastic image configuration in Bamboo.  However, I get this error: "Unable to contact AWS to get AMI details: com.amazonaws.AmazonServiceException: Status Code: 403, AWS Service: AmazonEC2, AWS Request ID: 95ad13f4-950c-4018-8324-1ca0a2530adc, AWS Error Code: UnauthorizedOperation, AWS Error Message: You are not authorized to perform this operation."

I did have Bamboo working with a default AMI (the .NET 4.0 image from Atlassian), so I'm not sure why I am having problems here.  

Any help would be appreciated.

2 answers

I had a similar error. Solved it by giving "AmazonEC2FullAccess" to the Elastic Bamboo user in IAM Management Console.

For that go to Security credentials>Users>ElasticBamboo User>Permissions>Attach Policy>AmazonEC2FullAccess

Not sure it would work for you but you can try.

I have same problem please let me know the solution

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,819 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you