cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo, Crowd SSO and SSO Domain

lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2011

Hi We have bamboo using our Crowd install in a SSO type configuration. Bamboo is configured to pull user info from a Crowd SSO active directory directory via a crowd application. I can login to bamboo with my active directory account with no problem.

I have setup crowd for a SSO Domain of .onlifehealth.com so that I can go between jira.onlifehealth.com, confluence.onlifehealth.com, bamboo.onlifehealth.com and crucible.onlifehealth.com

This works between Jira and Confluence but i have to login to Bamboo.

I have the following line in my seraph.config file
<authenticator class="com.atlassian.crowd.integration.seraph.v25.BambooAuthenticator"/>

Any thoughts?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2011

Even though bamboo and crucible where on the same server as Jira, Confluence and Crowd, I had to add a trusted proxy server ip address in crowd to fix this. I am guessing the bamboo and crucible must be binding with 127.0.0.1

The fix is to set your trusted proxy server in Crowd admin

EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2011

YOu can also specify localhost instead of /myserver/crowd in your crowd.properties file. Especially useful when your proxy uses different IPs

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2011

Expanding my comment into an answer...

Make sure that bamboo is configured to use Crowd via the admin panel, /admin/userManagement.action, and that you also edited the crowd.properties file as directed.

then visit the user management and under the "Operations" column should be a remove/delete link next to the orginal user you made manually via bamboo /admin/user/searchUsers.action

For the second step you may need to temporarily designate a colleaque as an admin and have them remove your old name.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Integrating+Bamboo+with+Crowd

0 votes
lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2011

how do I do that. Its in the built in configuration or stored in the db?

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2011

Did you remove the user created before SSO? I would give that a shot to eliminate the conflict between the same user name in Bamboo.

0 votes
lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2011

I suspect that this is related to a local user that I had setup before I created the Crowd AD directory with the same name and / or some sort of case sensitivity issue.

not sure how to resolve yet. I am able to login to bamboo with the same credentials that I used in Jira and Confluence but it doesnt automatically have me authenticated in bamboo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events