Bamboo - Could not load bootstrap from environment java.lang.NullPointerException

Jonathan Reyes May 14, 2015

I upgraded Bamboo 5.4.2 to 5.8.1. 

While trying to resolve issues regarding remote agents not running. I tried instructions from this article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMKB/All+Bamboo+Remote+agents+cannot+connect+after+an+upgrade

After restarting several times, I can no longer make bamboo start. It gives me the attached screenshot.

err.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2015

Thanks for raising a Support issue with us. Allow me to comment publicly here for future reference.

After looking into your logs we noticed the following stack trace:

2015-05-16 14:37:52,756 FATAL [localhost-startStop-1] [BootstrapLoaderListener] An error was encountered while bootstrapping Bamboo (see below): 
null
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at java.net.URLEncoder.encode(URLEncoder.java:205)
	at org.apache.activemq.util.URISupport.createQueryString(URISupport.java:505)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.setup.BrokerURIUtils.reconstructCompositeUri(BrokerURIUtils.java:270)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.setup.BrokerURIUtils.decorateBrokerURI(BrokerURIUtils.java:216)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.setup.DefaultBootstrapManager.getBrokerClientURI(DefaultBootstrapManager.java:239)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.setup.DefaultBootstrapManager.afterConfigurationLoaded(DefaultBootstrapManager.java:102)
	at com.atlassian.config.bootstrap.DefaultAtlassianBootstrapManager.init(DefaultAtlassianBootstrapManager.java:71)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.setup.BootstrapLoaderListener.contextInitialized(BootstrapLoaderListener.java:95)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4887)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5381)
	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1559)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1549)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

What happened is that there was an invalid value for bamboo.jms.broker.client.uri. Once we fixed this, the application was back up and running.

We've written the following KB in case other customers need more details on this: 

Thank you!

Best,
Thiago Bomfim
DevTools Atlassian

1 vote
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2015

Can you please create request at support.atlassian.com?

Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
May 15, 2015

And attach the logs.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events