Bamboo Cloning

Patrick J Bonk May 12, 2013

Has anyone cloned one instance of Bamboo to a new server?

5 answers

0 votes
Patrick J Bonk May 20, 2013

I am going to do the cloning and was waiting to hear if I have to run the install after I unzip it on the new server or can I just start the service on the new server??

0 votes
Patrick J Bonk May 15, 2013

I am going from a 2003 to 2008 windows server. I have read some other post and can I just start the new service on the new server after unzipping or do I have to run an install from it?

0 votes
AmberF
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2013

This depends on the platform - Bamboo on Windows and Mac both have an installer you can use, but the Linux installation is just a download that needs to be extracted and then started via a script. For step by step instructions for all platforms see our Bamboo Installation Guide.

0 votes
Patrick J Bonk May 12, 2013

When run the install is there a install.exe that I should look for?

0 votes
AmberF
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2013

Hi Patrick,

Are you having trouble with a specific step of the cloning procedure? If you're looking for detailed instructions, we've outline the process here: Cloning a Bamboo instance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events