Bamboo Cloning Repository to Multiple Directories

Chris G April 9, 2013

I have several Bamboo plans setup and I've noticed that every-so-often a build takes a really long time. When I've looked into the long run times it's always due to Bamboo "cloning repository". It seems that Bamboo will randomly clone the repository from the cached folder into some other folder used for the build. Buy why does it not ALWAYS use that folder?

This is a huge pain because our repository is massive and cloning takes a very long time, is a big load on the server, and causes us to run out of disk space because of all the cloned repositories. Is there any way to prevent this?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris G April 9, 2013

I think I figured it out. Each directory corresponds to a local agent. To reduce the number of repository clones we need to remove the number of local agents.

0 votes
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2013

Thank you !

0 votes
Chris G April 9, 2013

The repository is a Mercurial repo.

0 votes
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2013

Hello Chris,

Just out of curiosity - which repository type (Mercurial? Git?) are you using? I'm wondering which one of them may have so slow cloning operation. Would you be so kind to help me figure that out? :)

regards,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events