Bamboo: Changing location of database to different db server but nothing more

Ken Lee November 5, 2013

We need to move our database to a different DB server, from a SQLServer 2005 to SQLServer 2008. Do we need to completely re-install Bamboo, or can we simply install a copy of the database on the new server and point Bamboo to the new location ?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ArmenA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2013

Hi Ken,

1) I would recommend Exporting your Bamboo instance, installing a new Bamboo instance with separate BAMBOO_INSTALL, BAMBOO_HOME, and new DB and during the Setup Wizard (Step 5) point to the exported backup to import that into the new Bamboo (which uses the new DB).

2)Alternatively, you can shut down Bamboo, manually transfer the DB from SQLServer 2005 to SQL Server 2008 and change the DB credentials from the BambooHome/bamboo.cfg.xml file to point to the new location. Start Bamboo, and it should use the new DB.

Armen

0 votes
ArmenA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2013

I have edited that page and added the second option. Thanks for pointing out to that page.

0 votes
Ken Lee November 13, 2013

Thank you Armen.

I was trying to avoid the complexity of 1) but decided to do it anyway because the official migration instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Moving+your+Bamboo+data+to+a+different+database do not mention 2).

To save time for others, it would be nice if the official instructions mentioned your good advice.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events