Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo: Can I prevent deployment of a plan branch on an environment?

Jason Corns December 18, 2014

I have configured Plan Branches for certain projects - easiest thing ever and shows a lot of potential.  However, I am not ready to allow feature branches to be deployed to production - in fact, I'd prefer if Plan Branches are only deployed to our Testing environment.

Is there a way to control this?  As you can see from the screen caps, it is equally easy to create a new build when deploying to my QA environment as my Stage environment.

I haven't seen any branch selector, or configuration, that would limit branch deployment per env.

Currently using Bamboo 5.3/4101.

Thanks for your help!

Screen Shot 2014-12-18 at 1.14.11 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-12-18 at 1.15.06 PM.png

2 answers

2 votes
Matthew Wallace November 1, 2015

I thought about this a bit more and figured out a solution.  I added a script task as the first step in my deployment job.  The script looks like this:

BRANCH_NAME=$1
if [ "$BRANCH_NAME" != master ]; then
  echo "Cannot deploy non-master branch to production!"
  exit 127
fi

I did this as an inline script and then in the arguments section I passed ${bamboo.planRepository.branch}.

This will cause the deployment job to fail if you try to deploy any branch other than master.  Obviously it would be nicer if it just wasn't a choice, but this gets the job done.

0 votes
Matthew Wallace October 30, 2015

I'd like this feature too.  Can anyone comment that it's definitely not doable with the current Bamboo and I'll put in an enhancement request?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events