Bamboo CLI: CLI connector is not installed or enabled on the server

Patric Fornasier July 22, 2016

Hi,

I keep getting the following error message, when I try to use the bamboo cli:

$/bamboo.sh --server http://192.168.1.104:8085 --user ... --password ... --action getPlanList --project "@all"

> Client error: CLI connector is not installed or enabled on the server.

I've followed the Installation Instructions and also double checked the points mentioned in ACLI-230. Without luck, unfortunately.

Here's what I've got:

Plain Vanilla Installation: Bamboo 5.12.2.1 (see Dockerfile)
CLI version: 5.4.0
Bamboo Add On: Run CLI Actions in Bamboo, 5.4.0 (successfully installed and rebooted server)
Bamboo Admin -> General Configuration -> Base URL: Set to same value that I'm using on CLI
CLI --server: Exact same URL I can successfully hit in browser

I can see that the CLI is trying to hit
http://192.168.1.104:8085/rest/org.swift.bamboo.cli/latest/validatelicense. When I hit that URL directly, I get a 404, however. So, I guess that's part of the problem.

Any idea what's wrong?

Cheers,
patric

1 answer

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2016

Install the connector directly from Bamboo Command Line Interface (CLI) - it is a UPM installed component required on your server. Leave the connector unlicensed as it will find your Run CLI add-on license and consider itself license because of that.

Patric Fornasier July 24, 2016

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Could you please clarify:

> Install the connector directly from Bamboo Command Line Interface (CLI)

I can't find anything in the CLI help text that seems to do that. Could you please provide an example? (also, the link you provided is broken).

> Leave it unlicensed as it will find your Run CLI add-on license and use that.

What does "it" refer to - the CLI or the Server Add-On? I've installed and licensed the Server Add-On. Don't think there's an option to license the CLI. Could you clarify, please?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2016

I clarified and corrected the link to the Marketplace entry for the connector.

Patric Fornasier July 26, 2016

Works now. Thanks!

For anybody else having the same problem, there are actually three parts to this, which wasn't clear to me:

1. The Bamboo CLI Connector, which I installed directly from the Manage add-ons section in Bamboo
  2. Bamboo Command Line Interface (CLI) add-on, which I downloaded (jar file) and then uploaded again in the Manage add-ons section in Bamboo. (this was the bit that was not clear to me)
  3. The actual Bamboo Command Line Interface (CLI) that runs on your local machine
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2016

Actually the first 2 are the same. 

1. Bamboo Command Line Interface (CLI) add-on and installs on your Bamboo as the Bamboo CLI Connector
  2. The Bamboo client is what runs on your machine and needs to be installed following instructions found on the add-ons Get started panel or directly from the this web site - Downloads.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events