Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Build Notification Email - Customize

Shijit Dasgupta August 26, 2015

For our Bamboo Builds when we have an error the message is not very descriptive.

It says no failed tests found even though the build log shows failed tests. It also doesn't show which test failed or the related error.

I just wanted to know how we could customize the Build Error Email.

2 answers

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2015

@Shijit Dasgupta - my answer is complete now. Sorry for the iterative approach, but I encountered the odd restriction that "Your post was rejected because it contains blacklisted words", and the resulting post is now word by word identical to the one that I wanted to submit in the first place, alas ...

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2015

Unfortunately this is not possible via the Bamboo UI, but can be achieved by Modifying notification templates in principle:

If you want to customise the layout and content of your Bamboo notifications, you can customise the templates for each of the notification types (i.e. HTML email, text email, instant message) and events (e.g. Build Commented). The notification templates are written in Freemarker.

Some content in notifications can also be configured via system properties, such as the number of log lines to include in email notifications that display log information.

warning Changes to notification templates only take effect after a Bamboo restart.

This obviously requires some development efforts, so you might want to be aware of resp. shortcomings in the referenced documentation:

Furthermore, given the information from your failed tests isn't currently reported, it might not be readily available for access from the Freemarker notification templates either.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events