Bamboo/Bitbucket: New access key is required but could not be added to Bitbucket Server.

After upgrading from Stash to Bitbucket and latest version of Bamboo my linked repositories have an alert saying "Could not access this repository in Bitbucket Server".  It goes on and says to try saving, I do and I get "New access key is required but could not be added to Bitbucket Server."  I've found the link New access key is required but could not be added to Bitbucket Server, and I've confirmed this is not the issue, the access keys are being created in Bitbucket, and I've verified SSH access using telnet from the bamboo server.

I've scoured the logs and used the built in analyzers and nothing jumps out.

Bamboo Version: 5.10.3 running on Windows

Bitbucket Version: 4.5.1 on Linux.

1 answer

I was able to figure this out.  Upgraded the Git client on the Bamboo server to the latest and updated the Server Capabilities to the new path of the git.exe and it started to work!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published 4 hours ago in Jira Service Desk

Frequently Asked Questions for Jira Service Desk (AKA JSD FAQ)

Just the FAQs! Welcome to the Community, and this Focused-FAQ! Here, we've pulled together some of the most frequently asked questions associated with Jira Service Desk (JSD). We hope ...

22 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you