Bamboo: Automatic Manage Branch causes a license error and my new branch never gets displayed,

Ian Gregson April 10, 2014

Hi there,

I have created 1 plan and this plan has selected "Automatically Manage Branch" but I noticed that

a new branch created on origin via JIRA doesn't seem to be created under bamboo.

Checking the logs I have found the following with regards to the branch I was awaiting to be created and built.

Unable to create plan branch for plan: RXX-CI, branch: VCS Branch [feature/RXX-14-refactor-web-application]. You can not create new branch, it has 1 jobs but your license only allows 0 more plans

I am having a difficult time understanding what is happening, it states that my license allows 0 more plans but as far as I can see I am not creating another plan, its using the existing plan that I have and only importing the branch.

The license I am using, as it appears within bamboo is the following License type

Bamboo (Unlimited Local Agents, No Remote Agent, 10 Jobs): Starter License

I have 1 local agent, 1 plan with AUTOMATIC BRANCHING enabled so as far as I know I am ok.

My license states 10 jobs, what actually is classed as a job ?

Is it the tasks inside the plan ?

Any help or ideas really appreciated

Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2015

Bamboo Licensing and Pricing clearly states that

For customers with Starter Licenses, please note that use of the Plan Branches feature has a multiplicative effect on the number of jobs configured, and therefore, an effect on the 10-job cap. For example, a plan with two jobs that is building against a total of three branches (the plan's original branch, plus two additional branches) will contribute 6 jobs toward the limit.

0 votes
Ian Gregson April 10, 2014

Thanks for the info, from what I understand it seems that each branch created in the plan as its own job so if I have 1 plan and 1 default job but 9 branches then technically I have 10 jobs.

This is where I think my over using the jobs comes into play.

Thanks for the help

0 votes
Dmitry Zagorovsky _StiltSoft_ April 10, 2014

One plan can contains several jobs. So, if your plan contains 10 jobs -- that is licence limit and you could not create more jobs (no matter in what plan).

From documentation:
Plan:

• Has a single stage, by default, but can be used to group jobs into multiple stages.
  • Processes a series of one or more stages that are run sequentially using the same repository.
  • Specifies the default repository.
  • Specifies how the build is triggered, and the triggering dependencies between the plan and other plans in the project.
  • Specifies notifications of build results.
  • Specifies who has permission to view and configure the plan and its jobs.
  • Provides for the definition of plan variables.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events