Bamboo Agent Installer ignoring port in URL

I am running several Atlassian tools behind an Nginx proxy using HTTPS with Mutual TLS (browser needs a valid certificate). This makes it so that the Atlassian products speak to each other over HTTP behind the proxy in order to avoid trying to get them to implement Mutual TLS. I have set up a build sever behind the proxy as well and am trying to set up a remote agent for Bamboo on it. I have downloaded the JAR file to the build server and point toward the bamboo servers HTTP port 8085 with the command:

java -jar atlassian-bamboo-agent-installer-6.1.1.jar http://<private ip address>:8085/bamboo/agentServer/

However I am getting an HTTPS certificate error

Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Looking at the logs more I see that the URL is ignoring the port:

Agent bootstrap using endpoint: http://<private ip>/bamboo/agentServer/

How can i get the bamboo agent to recognize the port in the URL? 

2 answers

1 accepted

The solution was to delete the Bambo Agent home directory and run the correct command. I must have initially typed the URL without the port. 

0 vote

To achieve the same result without deleting the agent dir, you can run
java -jar agent-installer.jar URL install

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,561 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you