Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo 5.9.7 Breaks SSL Remote Agents? (Not just EC2 ones)

Inavero Purchasing November 3, 2015

I upgraded my standalone Bamboo server to 5.9.7 (bare metal hardware, no AWS/EC2 involved) because of security concerns as Atlassian recommended, but now none of my remote agents will connect.

I also upgraded the remote agents to the 5.9.7 agent jar. The catalina.out file on Bamboo is rejecting connections with the error:

2015-10-28 12:28:04,440 ERROR [ActiveMQ BrokerService[bamboo] Task-3][TransportConnector] Could not accept connection from tcp://192.168.75.1:49754: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: no cipher suites in common

There is an outstanding bug for this if you are using SSL with EC2 elastic agents, which I am not.

Not sure what about upgrading to 5.9.7 caused the problem, the configs are the same as my 5.9.4 install I believe. Also I can't downgrade to 5.9.4 because bamboo throws an error about the data not being compatible between builds.

1 answer

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2015

Two ideas:

1. maybe you re-ran install command on your remote agents (which you shouldn't have done) and nuked the extra config options required for SSL connectivity.
  2. Maybe you've upgraded Java on the agent or the server?

Inavero Purchasing November 3, 2015

Thanks for the ideas but don't believe it's either of them

1. Didn't re-install the remote agents home dir, just dropped in the new jar. And only did that after the 5.9.4 agents weren't connecting to the 5.9.7 server. Both versions of the agent generate the same "no cipher suites in common" error when connecting to a 5.9.7 server
  2. After upgrading Bamboo and the errors began happening, I upgraded to the latest Java (1.8u66) on both the server and the remote agents as a troubleshooting step, to no avail

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2015

Please contact support and include the output of ps -ef from your agent machine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events