Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo 5.7 upgrade stuck on "alter table ELASTIC_IMAGE add column LEGACY_EBS_HANDLING bool"

mukaibot November 11, 2014

Hi all,

I'm trying to upgrade from Bamboo 5.6.1 to 5.7.0. I have done the following:

1. Taken a backup
  2. Stopped Bamboo
  3. Removed the bundled-plugins, caches, index, jms-store, serverState and temp folders from Bamboo home
  4. Created an empty index folder (that bug with Bamboo not recreating the index folder still seems to exist in 5.7 sad)
  5. Started Bamboo

When I tail the log I can lots of things happening, and then after a few minutes everything seems to stop and Bamboo is not accessible. The last line in the log is:

alter table ELASTIC_IMAGE add column LEGACY_EBS_HANDLING bool

Has anyone else come across this issue? Running on Ubuntu 14.04 with Postgres 9.3.5 as the database.

2 answers

0 votes
mukaibot November 12, 2014

Turns out it was a problem with my Postgres instance! For anyone with Postgres issues, have a look at select * from pg_stat_activity..! smile

Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2014

Can you explain the problem in more detail? I think more users could benefit from this.

mukaibot November 12, 2014

The issue was that a backup process wasn't terminating cleaning, leaving a lot of open queries. Completely environment specific and not relevant to Bamboo at all! Clearly I should have done some more detailed investigation before raising this.

0 votes
Marcin Oles
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2014

I think it would be a good idea to create a support case for this, where you could attach your logs and describe the problem in more detail.

https://support.atlassian.com/customer/servicedesk-portal → Dev Tools → Bamboo Support

Regards,
Marcin Oleś 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events