Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo 5.5 Gatekeeper (Automatically manage branches)

ChristianS July 7, 2014

I installed Bamboo 5.5 and tried out Bamboo's Gatekeeper.

But currently it doesn't merge branches. Maybe I missed some settings somewhere.

I made a screenshot about the things I did.

Here are my settings: http://i.imgur.com/nyMR8NT.png

Currently my default Branch is develop, and we have some feature branches under feature/XXX

we using stash but our repository gets pulled with git from the operating system.

Edit:

I missed something, i wanted this option:

Bamboo will automatically create plan branches when it detects new branches in your version control system And automatically remove plan branches from Bamboo after a specified period of inactivity. Detection of new branches runs every 3 minutes.

2 answers

0 votes
Ron Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2014

Automatic plan branching and merging are entirely separate features.

Go to Plan Configuration -> Branches, then check box "Automatically manage branches" for precisely what you need.

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2014

What do you mean "doesn't merge branches'? I assume you want your branch merged to 'develop'? In that case, you need to tick the "Push on" checkbox.

ChristianS July 7, 2014

No, I wanted to have automatic plan branches, when I create a new feature branch, bamboo should automatically create a plan for that / but It won't do

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events