Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo 5.2.2 compatibility

SallyD July 8, 2015

I was planning to upgrade multiple Atlassian products the other day but realized that I need to upgrade Postgres first.  That, of course, spun me off into the great compatibility hunt.  For various reasons, Bamboo has not been upgraded as regularly as our other products and, because of development schedules, cannot be upgraded now.  

Does anyone know if this old version of Bamboo works on Postges 9?  I'm hoping that I can continue with my upgrade plan and just push Bamboo to the bottom of the pile (again). I expect the official stance from Atlassian will be somewhere between 'LOL' and 'Are you out of your mind?'  smile  but I'm hoping someone out there might have been forced into this experiment already. 

3 answers

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2015

We didn't have to do any changes to support Postgres 9. It should work, but will not be supported.

0 votes
SallyD July 8, 2015

Thanks for the response, Jamie. I appreciate you taking the time.   I will likely do the test instance but I'm hoping to hear from someone who already did it. Even a test instance is going to require time from the developers to test the builds.  Not sure I can get that right now or I'd go straight to the upgrade.

Sally

Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2015

No problem, Sally. I've never tested Bamboo Server in that version, so I can't help you with that. I'm sure someone will have an answer for you, though.

SallyD July 8, 2015

fingers crossed

0 votes
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
July 8, 2015

Hi, Sally.

The Atlassian products has a 'supported platform' where you'll be able to see if it's compatible with database, JAVA versions, etc.

For example, for Bamboo 4.4, you can access that document here. It doesn't mentioned Postgres 9, but it says 8.4+, so 9 is included.

I advise you to install a test instance and database and check how it goes.

I hope it was helpful.

Kind regards,
Jaime Kirch da Silveira
Atlassian Cloud Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events