Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo 5.1.1 pre-build action issue

Shaahul Hameed July 22, 2014

We are having two Build projects which has some build plans and we are always running a clean checkout for all plans.

We are using Build Number stamper plugin to generate "build-number.txt". This plugin runs as a pre-build action.

In Project 1 pre-build action runs after "Checkout Default Repository" task and hence our generated build-number.txt is retained

In Project 2 pre-build action runs at the start i.e. before "Checkout Default Repository" and since we always do a clean build. The task 'Checkout Default Repository" removes build-number.txt.

I have looked in every tab and in miscellaneous tab in the corresponding Job and I cannot find were this behavious is defined.

Appreciate if someone please shed some light on this

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2014

The pre-build action are deferred after Checkout Task if this is the first task in the Job.(more precisely it is executed before the first task which is not 'initialising task', so if you have 2 checkout tasks at the beginning the pre-build action would be executed after both of them. But if you put script task at the top it is executed before it)

In your case the solution would be to move disabled task down the pipeline (since you don't use it anyway).

0 votes
Shaahul Hameed July 29, 2014

Thanks for the answer Marcin.

Is it the default behaviour or is there way to run pre-build action before/after any tasks?

Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 18, 2014

That sequence is hard coded.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events