Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo 5.0-rc-1 to 5.2 upgrade failed

Aaron Cunnington November 11, 2013

Hello,

I have just followed the upgrade guide and the 'generic' upgrade guide for upgrading an installation of Bamboo 5.0-rc-1 to Bamboo 5.2 release, but unfortunately have run in to a problem on startup.

This is the error message that is displayed when I browse to localhost:8085:

You cannot access Bamboo at present. Look at the table below to identify the reasons:

<th>Time</th><th>Level</th><th>Type</th><th>Description</th><th>Exception</th>
2013-11-12 20:49:45 fatal bootstrap Bamboo has encountered errors while upgrading. Please resolve these errors and restart Bamboo. Upgrade task for build 3615 failed with exception: Could not parse key 'null'

Please contact us at https://support.atlassian.com/ if you have any queries.

Is there some way that I can run Bamboo server interactively so that I can see messages in the console? Or, of course, if there is a way to quickly fix this issue then that would be preferred.

Kind regards and many thanks in advance.

Aaron.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2013

Hi Aaron,

It's not possible to start Bamboo showing the output in the console, but you can keep an eye in the Bamboo logs. They're located at BAMBOO_HOME/logs/atlassian-bamboo.log.

Also, many things have changed from Bamboo 5.0 to 5.2. I am not sure why the error is happening, but the Bamboo 5.2 Upgrade Guide mentions some steps that must be followed if you're migrating from 5.0 to 5.2. Have you followed those steps?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events