Bamboo 4.4.5 not able to login after Jira migration

Christina C. October 7, 2020

We are migrating in a new Bamboo server , but there are still builds in use in the old one that are in use , and need to be moved .  Recently we migrate our Jira server in a new server , and we can't now login in old Bamboo . The new Jira server is utilise a new Basic URL ( that's why the link broken ) . In BitBucket , and new Bamboo server , we just connected in recovery mode and changed the link to Jira user directory .  But the 4.45 Bamboo doesn't have this option . We follow the instructions to reset the local admin ( ID=1 ) password , and then we got the message that "You are not a known user of this Bamboo server" , probably as its only use the Jira directory . ( The original error says You have entered an invalid username and password. Please try again , and you can see the unknown user if you try to reset the password .

We even start up the old Jira server , with the last db before the migration ( that also migrated in a new server ) . Using a host file in the old Bamboo server , we try the login again . Again the same issue : You are not a known user of this Bamboo server . 

Seriously we still need the old Bamboo server for building and mostly - to correct export the builds to the new one . 

How we can login to it , to change the User directory ? 

1 answer

0 votes
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2020

Hi Christina,
It sounds like you need to Recover the admin account and change the user directory configuration. Cheers!

Christina C. October 7, 2020

Hi Joshua , thanks for the fast reply . I have already done this . After i reset i was able to login the original admin account , but it says Access Denied ( Insufficient permissions ) , and nothing to be done , as Site Homepage just reloads this one . And : There are no administrators for this Bamboo installation. 

Unfortunate its a really old installation , without any additional info from the previous admin .

Capture.PNG

Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2020

Hi Christina,

The lack of administrators in your Bamboo is a problem. You will likely need to add an existing user to the admin group through database edits. I do not know the SQL statements needed for this unfortunately. Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events