Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo 4.3 - Regular expression when configuring automatic plan branching

Per Samuelsson December 11, 2012

When configuring a plan to support automatic plan branching on the branching of repos, I'm given the option to write a regular expression to match the name of the repo branch. The label of the field is "Only create Branches that match".

What kind of expressions are supported here? Some kind of reference would be nice. And more specifically: is it possible to express a set of branches that should NOT trigger a plan branch to be created?

Any insight shared would be valuable.

Regards,

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2012
Per Samuelsson December 16, 2012

OK, thanks!

With that, I guess I can somehow construct an expression that is matching all but some sequence, even though I'm not sure exactly how. :) But I'll try it out eventually.

And since the question was mostly about the syntax, I'll mark your reply as an answer.

2 votes
Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2015

Hi,

When you don't want develop to be triggered you can use:

^((?!develop).)*$

into the "Only Create Branches that Match" field on the branch configuration tab.

Rudy

0 votes
robin wang June 18, 2014

I have an agent named testbamboorm10.site4. Added an requirement "

unique.agent.name Custom matches .*site4

"

Why is fails? Thanks

0 votes
Per Samuelsson December 16, 2012

Still no comments or ideas on this? I thought it would be a pretty simple one to answer.

Basically, what I'm wondering is just what syntax/pattern language I can/should use when specifying a value in the above field.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events