Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bambo OnDemand SSH Task permission problem ?

Jean-Sebastien (GA) June 4, 2014

Hello,

Here is my situation :

In Bamboo OnDemand, I am setting up a simple deployment project with a SSH task.

The task is responsible for pulling the source code from a Bitbucket Account to the target server (linux) in the web root drectory, and then for triggering PHPUnit tests on this new code.

To accomplish this, the SSH Task basically runs the following commands, and is set up with connexion using a user (john) and his password :

cd /path-to-web-root/
git pull origin master
phpunit --configuration tests/phpunit_conf.xml --log-junit tests/phpunit_report.xml

Results :

the pulling is ok.

the phpunit commands leads to the following error :

"/usr/bin/env: php: No such file or directory"

Please notice that :

(1) If I replay the same scenario but with root user, phpunit is properly executed.

(2) If I run the same phpunit command as in the SSH Task, directly from the server command line, logged in as user john, phpunit also works.

(3) phpunit is installed on the target server via the "phar" file, and is version 3.7.37

(4) on the target server, php is here : /usr/local/php5.5.6/bin/php5php

I really don't get why it works in one case and not the other.

Any help possible on this one ?

It looks like a permission problem, or a path problem... I don't know I am really not a server expert

:)

Jess

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jean-Sebastien (GA) June 5, 2014

So, I reply to myself :

The problem was simply that the PATH variable was different from user root and user john, so it couldn't find phpunit...

hope it will help someone :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events