Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAMBOO_HOME and BAMBOO_INSTALL directories (but no absolute paths)

Deleted user February 16, 2015

Hi,

I am trying to sort out my organisation's internal documentation for maintaining Bamboo, upgrading it etc.

I have various references to BAMBOO_HOME and BAMBOO_INSTALL directories (but no paths) in the current documentation.

My Bamboo instances are running on Ubuntu and Redhat and they are not custom installs of any sort.

Can I please get clarification on the following.

BAMBOO_HOME directory = /apps/var/lib/atlassian/bamboo OR /var/lib/atlassian/bamboo - WHICH IS CORRECT?

BAMBOO_INSTALL directory = /apps/opt/atlassian/bamboo - Is this correct and the standard installation directory?

4 answers

1 vote
philleicht
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2015

Hello Jat,

considering these are absolute paths, the "/apps/*" one is not the default one, as /apps isn't a default directory within the linux root directory ("/").
As for the correct paths, I think Atlassian changed them to the following syntax through all apps a while back:
Home-Directory: /var/atlassian/application-data/app-name (for Bamboo, being: /var/atlassian/application-data/bamboo)
It could be, that the second path you mentioned is indeed the default path on an older Bamboo-installation and therefor correct in your scenario.

Install-Directory: /opt/atlassian/app-name (therefor: /opt/atlassian/bamboo)

Additionally having a look at this documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Installing+Bamboo+on+Linux it seems like it could also be commong to set the bamboo-home directory under /home, but that's very much depending on personal taste (or the way your sys-admins usually setup applications)

I hope this is what you were looking for.

Regards,
Philipp

0 votes
philleicht
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2015

Hey Jat,

I don't have a Bamboo at hand to verify it, but as for JIRA and Confluence you might have a "System Information" section in the administration area. If existent, it should list you a plethora of information including the paths of the application and the home directory.

Regards,
Philipp 

0 votes
Deleted user February 24, 2015

Thanks Renato and Philipp, for some reason I wasn't getting notifications so I'm sorry for the late reply.

It looks like someone has installed a newer version of Bamboo at some point and used a different install directory.  I'm assuming that's why there were 2 Bamboo home directories.   The install directory is fine.  The home directory is one thing I'm going to have to suck and see as on my test rig I'm still not clear on which one to use.    

It looks like I can do fresh install and then get the directories looking right and then I'll create a glossary for them.  Do you know if I can check on my Bamboo gui to see what directories are in use?  I haven't found this yet.

Regards 

Jat

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2015

Hi Jat, 

I have various references to BAMBOO_HOME and BAMBOO_INSTALL directories (but no paths) in the current documentation.

Maybe a good idea, would be you create a glossary into your documentation with references. For instance:

BAMBOO_HOME=/aps/var/lib/atlassian/bamboo

BAMBOO_INSTALL directory = /apps/opt/atlassian/bamboo - Is this correct and the standard installation directory?

You can install Bamboo (and other Atlassian softwares) in any directory do you want. In our documentation we just recommend the directories, but it isn’t a rule.  On Linux, a good place to put non-native Linux applications would be /opt directory. 

On this link you can get more information related to setup the Bamboo Home directory.

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events