It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

BAMBOO - Disable outgoing email after restore

Dear Sir or Madam,

I want to disable the outgoing emails after I restore Bamboo on our secondary system. Maybe you know the path/file where I'll find the option to disable it?!

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Christian

1 answer

0 votes

Remove email server settings and Bamboo will not be able to send any notifications

If you still need email server settings unmodified to allow users to restore their passwords then you need to remove notifications on System (Administration ) and Plan (Plan configuration -> Notifications) level. If users still receive notifications when build failed after their commit you need to configure Broken Build tracker plugin. It doesn't have visible UI configuration so you need to add system property to JVM settings

-Dplugin.tracking.enabled=false

Hi Alexey,

thx for your reply. I deleted (echo "" > bamboo-mail.cfg.xml) the content of /opt/atlassian/bamboo_home/bamboo-mail.cfg.xml. Should that work?

Bamboo shouldn't send any emails after my modification.

Kind Regards,

Christian

yes, but I think restart of Bamboo is required

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Unable to add or edit Bitbucket Cloud repository in Bamboo

On 31 May, a GDPR-related change went live in the Bitbucket Cloud API that resulted in users not being able to create or edit Bitbucket Cloud Linked repositories in Bamboo. This API update removed t...

659 views 2 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you