Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azure Scaling Bamboo Remote Agent Servers

Greg P August 29, 2017

We currently have a bamboo server, and four servers in house for running bamboo remote builder agents. We are hoping to be able to eliminate these servers in house and only scale up when/if needed (AZURE).

The issue is when the remote agent service kicks off using the current scaling logic of building a new server based on our pre-built template. We are prompted for approval back on the master bamboo server. So, if we have server01 running all the time, and then server02 starts up, and still has that same name, and still has the same IP, it is still a brand new build. It generates a new Agent Unique ID, which would require us to approve the agent everytime it scales up, basically defeating the reason for scaling in this way.

I was hoping to possibly being able to use availability set, and say build 5ish servers. Approve each servers agents after they are built, and then shut them down. I was hoping to be able to use the scaling logic on azure, to launch those existing servers, bypassing the need to approve everytime.

Or an even worse ID, eliminate the need to approve a remote agent. I know, I know, a huge security risk, and this question is kind of a last resort question.

I am hoping someone here has tried to do something similar with bamboo. I know this seems more of an issue with azure, but it is pretty specific to Bamboo.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events