Automatically manage plans based on git branches in bamboo

Michael Gorbach November 9, 2011

We have a workflkow where we use task branches to develop larger features. Features get developed tested, and effectively completed on task branches, then merged into master. We would like to automate the process of creating bamboo plans for each task branch, which are all the same except they differ in the branch of the git repository that they are set to build. How do I make this happen? My research so far indicates that there is still no REST api to create Bamboo plans, so we would need to use Java to write a plugin for Bamboo to do this, possibly wrapping that in a REST api. Is this the only way to get the behavior we want? I'm surprised it's so difficult, becasuse I'd imagine this to be a quite common workflow.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jens Schumacher [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2011

Hi Michael,

It is a quite common workflow and we have plans to address this in the first quarter of 2012. I would love to get in touch with you to learn more about your process and see if it matches up with what we have planed.

Feel free to contact me under jens at atlassian.com

Cheers,
Jens

0 votes
Stu Megan February 8, 2012

Any update on when this feature will be implemented for Bamboo. I basically want to run a plan first on branch X of a repository then again on branch y.. using one plan to do both automagically in one pass. so any tools coming to aid this would be a great help.

thanks

Stu

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2012

The timeframe hasn't changed, this feature is being developed and will be made available in the first quarter of 2012. Your use case will be covered.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events