Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically attach EBS volumes in Windows

Neil Wheeler August 7, 2012

Can anyone give me some pointers arround using this feature with Windows images. All of the docuemtation I can find refers to linux (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Configuring+elastic+instances+to+use+the+EBS)

Specifically I'd like to checkout my svn repo to an EBS snapshot and have that mounted and used by Bamboo to prevent having to do a full checkout each time.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2012

Bamboo does not support handling of EBSes under Windows. You have to store credentials on your instance and attach them manually. There's an improvement request open for that here, please watch and vote

Neil Wheeler August 7, 2012

Ok. Do you have any docuemtation on how to achive what you suggest?

I wish the documentation could make a better distinction between windows and linux for bamboo. It always reads as though Windows was an afterthought.

Also a better distinction between OnDemand and Download would help.

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2012
FrontlineRecruitment IT April 22, 2014

Has this situation changed a year and a half on?

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
April 22, 2014

AFAIK, Windows instances properly attach the EBSes now. With the new Bamboo release (already on OnDemand), Windows instances also support ephemeral storage.

Kristen Byers May 15, 2014

Could you please point to some instructions or explain how to get a Windows instance to properly attach an EBS? I followed the instructions here to create a snapshot (which appears to only "work" on linux) and then attached it to the default Windows instance, started it up and couldn't "see" my attached volume. There was a "D" drive of the correct size as my volume, but Windows could not see any of the files I had uploaded to it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events