cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic build expiry configuration

Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

Hi

I'm using the build expiry feature from Bamboo
so far so good, but is there a better way to select which builds should be deleted?

I have some "release" builds triggered from Jira, but as far as I understand there is no way to automaticly label it, or except this builds from the cleanup builds task.

Is there some way to "protect" this build, except giving them a label add this label to the exception list.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013

Labelling seems to be the only mechanism to prevent builds from getting removed by the Buold Expiry Mechanism. If the global expiry doesn't work for all your Plans you can certainly override it at a Plan level to tweak to be Plan-specific. There's a Bamboo Task plugin that allows you to automatically tag a Plan, but that probably doesn't help you as you want to auto tag builds if they are triggered from Jira.

Seems like this could be a feature request to Atlassian at jira.atlassian.com where you would want to suggest that Build Expiry can work with variables and/or labels. When a Bamboo plan is triggered by Jira the plan results have an Overwritten Variables section" that sets variables such as jira.projectKey, jira.baseUrl, etc. It would be cool to be able to say if these variables exist then do not expire.

OR a plugin to auto-tag a build result with a label that is set to not expire if those Jira variables are set.

Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2013

Where can I find the automatic label task?

Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2013
Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2013

Thanks, already downloaded it

but why does the search don't work from my bamboo installation (via the find addons view)

Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2013

probably a version mismatch. plugins are listed in the marketplace as only supporting a range of versions. your bamboo may be outside that range.

Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2013

I tried the automatic labeling task.
Its quite useless for my problem because I only want to label if some requirements are meet not always!
Probably I can write a batchscript that creates a Textfile for the autoamtic labeling task. But I think thats to much effort for the problem.

It should be added to the featurelist of the buildserver (automatic labeling, or a more intelligent filter for the clean build task)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events