Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authenticating against multiple LDAP servers

Jason Wandel May 31, 2012

We have a situation where some of our staff are overseas; each office has a separate LDAP server. Our main server is set up with referrals to the other servers if a user doesn't authenticate here.

I'm now trying to set up Bamboo so it will create accounts and authenticate them against the different servers. To do this, I've added a second <ldap> tag structure to atlassian-user.xml, and was wondering if this is the correct thing to do?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jason Wandel June 5, 2012

Reading through the Bamboo docs again, I came across the following on http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO40/Integrating+Bamboo+with+LDAP:

Bamboo can be integrated with LDAP for the authentication and authorisation of LDAP users. The Integrating Bamboo with LDAP instructions below describe how you can set this up. Please note that Bamboo does not currently support multiple LDAP servers. If you need to connect to multiple LDAP servers, please consider using Atlassian's Crowd.

So, it appears that this isn't possible without Crowd... but it appears our LDAP setup isn't best practice, so we'll see what we can do with that instead.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events