Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Tool Suite Login questions

Adam Kolles November 10, 2017

Hi there.

I recently gave a demo of the Atllassian tools using JIRA Software, Bitbucket, Bamboo and Confluence.

One of the main questions/concerns was that there was a need to "login" to each application.

How would one configure a single login option that would allow that user to use each tool without having log into them separately?
Is there a configuration option that I don't have setup?  If so what would be those steps to configure it?
The applications already have 'Links' to each other in their respective configurations, have same users/usernames so they obviously know about one another and are integrated.  It's now just a matter of once one user signs in to one of those tools, when navigating to another, they don't get bombarded with another login prompt.

Any information you could give me would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Adam

1 answer

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2017

Hi Adam,

Within the native code for each of the products you listed there actually is not a single sign on solution for all of these in one place.  However Atlassian does provide another product that does allow you to do this.   This would be Crowd

Crowd is specifically geared to work with Server and Data Center deployments of our other products.  Crowd is not available for Atlassian Cloud hosted instances, however our Cloud offerings are currently in the early access stages of using the new Identity Manager.

If your platform is expected to be either Server or Data Center, then Crowd is probably the solution you are looking for here.  With it you can configure a single sign on solution for your users so that they are not constantly required to login to each application separately.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,
Andy

Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2017

@Adam Kolles, Like Andrew said above, it depends on what platform you are using.  If it server this is the document that will give you more information:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowd/overview-of-sso-179445277.html

.pd

Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2017

@Adam Kolles, in addition to Andrew and Peter's answers, you might also want to add Integrated Windows Authentication to your applications using Crowd: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.cleito.iwaac/server/overview

(Disclaimer: I work for the vendor of this plugin)

Bren Lane December 8, 2017

Does Identity Manager work across Atlassian Server products such as Confluence 6.5?

Bren

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2017

Hi @Bren Lane,

The identity manager is only for Atlassian Cloud products.  It is not designed to work with the Server versions of these same products.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events