I set up Bamboo CI for python/Django application. Successfully Configured everything except mail sending. When i commit changes to my repo Bamboo triggers automatically and test the code. I added my working smtp settings for mail sending purpose. But bamboo is not sending mail. (screenshot is attached). I need help in this .
Configuring Bamboo to send SMTP Email for build results and related events is a two step process:
- Configure Bamboo to send SMTP email (see below).
- Configure a plan to send SMTP email notifications about build results (see Configuring notifications for a plan and its jobs).
You have successfully completed step 1 - is it possible that you have missed step 2? In case, the referenced page outlines the additional steps for Adding notifications for a plan or job:
- Navigate to the configuration for the desired plan, as described on Configuring plans.
- Click the Notifications tab.
Set up a new notification in the 'Add Build Notification' section as follows:
Setting Notes Event Select the event type you want to be notified about. Refer to the list of events (below) for details. Recipient Type User — Enter the username of the appropriate Bamboo user, or click the icon to select from a list of users.
Hipchat — Enter the Hipchat API Token and Room Name. See Integrating Bamboo with HipChatfor more information.
Group — Enter the name of the appropriateBamboo group(s).
Email Address — You can use email to send notifications to a person who is not a Bamboo user. Type the appropriate email address. Note that:
- If you specify the email address of an existing Bamboo user, the user will receive notifications even if they have elected not to receive notifications in their user preferences.
IM Address— This is useful if you need to send Instant Messenger (IM) notifications to a person who is not a Bamboo user. Type the appropriate IM address. Note that:
- If you specify the IM address of an existing Bamboo user, the user will receive notifications even if they have elected not to receive notifications in their user preferences.
Responsible Users — The Bamboo users who have been assigned as being responsible for a broken build. See Assigning responsibility for build failures. Committers — The Bamboo users who have committed code to a particular build since build was last checked out by Bamboo. Watchers — The Bamboo users who have marked this plan as one of their favourites.
- Click Add, then configure further notifications if required.
- Click Save when you have finished.
Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot