Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlas-run -- AnnotationAwareAspectJAutoProxyCreator is only available on Java 1.5 and higher

Victor Sz April 19, 2017

We are currently in the process of upgrading to the latest Bamboo version,  however for the time being we are on 5.6.

Until the upgrade is complete, I need functionality to Trigger Deployment from Tasks.

I've created a Plugin as per official documenation -- which default to the latest Bamboo version. 

Due to backwards compatiablity issues around the Deployment Execution Service, I've update the plugin for 5.6 support. 

See code @:

https://github.com/vicsz/Bamboo-Deployment-Trigger-Task-Plugin

However, once I've down graded to 5.6 .. I've been unable to succesfully run atlas-run. 

I'm running into the following errors:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: AnnotationAwareAspectJAutoProxyCreator is only available on Java 1.5 and higher

SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class com.atlassian.bamboo.ww2.actions.setup.BambooContextLoaderListener

FATAL [localhost-startStop-1] [UpgradeLauncher] Failed to initialise Bamboo container

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] java.lang.NullPointerException

Either I missed something in my configuration ?? or the previous run of atlas-run at a newer version is some how polluting the current invocation. 

Note, that I am using a current JDK (1.8), and I've tried mvn-cleaning including completly wipping the /target dir. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2017

I think you need to use older Java (7?), it looks like your Java 8 is not recognised.

Victor Sz April 19, 2017

Thought so too .. but I've explicitly specified complication to 1.6 in the maven-compiler-plugin settings. Which I would assume would do the trick, not so. 

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2017

It won't because it does not affect the reported JVM version.

Victor Sz April 19, 2017

You seem to be correct ...  it's rare that I see software not working on newer versions of the JVM.  

Though the issue that I'm running into now is that the latest version of Atlas-SDK is compiled with 1.8,  and I can't seem to find older versions with brew on OSX. 

Lots of Yak Shaving .. sigh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events