Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Associate Agents based off of host name?

Cameron Ferguson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2011

I was wondering if there was a way to force Bamboo to associate agents based off of the agent's hostname rather than it looking to see if the agent ID exists or not.

What I noticed is that if we reformat a bamboo agent, and set it back up with teh same host name, it gets added as a new agent within Bamboo and I have to re-declare all of the capabilities for that agent so it can be used again, and delete the original. I noticed there is a config file that the .jar file creates that if I save that, and pop it back into the same directory after the cold start, it will re-associate just fine, but I find that process very messy for us.

If i could somehow tell the bamboo server to identify an agent based off of it's hostname rather than the ID, then that'd help alot. I know this would prevent running multiple agents on the same box, but we don't need to do that.

Also another question, is tehre a list of all the java arguments that can be used for an agent? like the -Dbamboo variables? I've seen 2-3 different ones while searching, but can't seem to find a compiled list anywhere... thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2011

1. No, you can't associate them by name. Modifying the agent id in bamboo-agent.cfg.xml is the only option if you want to erase agent data and inherit the settings.

2. I don't think there's a list. The variables are used mostly during support cases debugging, normally you shouldn't need to use them (except for the documented ones).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events