Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are bamboo deployment tasks cloneable?

Kai Lochbaum September 14, 2013

I'm currently playing around with a deployment project with multiple environments (show/live).

After setting up the show environment including the deployment tasks, the live environment must be set up starting from zero which basically means, that the same tasks with some (minor) modifications must be added again.

Is there any way to copy all the configured tasks from one environment to another or even better is it possible to set up cross environment tasks which use variables defined for each environment?

e.g. in a very simple project the only task could be executing an rsync to a specific host and directory. One would define a task which does the rsync but host and path are taken from a variable.

I'm using the latest 5.1.1 version of bamboo.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2013

Not yet, please upvote this feature request: BAM-13473

I'd also suggest leaving a comment describing your scenario as this may not be a perfect desciption of what you are looking for.

You can clone jobs in the other workflow so BAM-13346 may be more what you're looking for.

Kai Lochbaum September 15, 2013

Thanks, upvoted the issue :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events