Approved/Broken not useful on Deployments

If you're anything like any company in the world, you release to QA, then that build, when approved, can move to Stage. From there, another approval, and it moves to Prod. There is now a UI to Approve/Deny builds. What I really want from the deployment stuff is to only allow approved builds to advance to the next environment. So only builds marked as approved are an option in the version dropdown for Stage. Right now, however, you can create a whole new release and push it directly to Stage.

Is there some usage pattern I'm missing here? I would expect all the enterprise folks to throw a fit over this, but maybe this is why most people still suggest using regular plans for deployments?

2 answers

Dustin - join the club https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-13266

Feel free to voice your displeasure to stimulate some activity on this front.

Yeah... This one seems to wrap up the actual workflow we all want: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-13356

Right you are, that is the over arching one for deployments workflow.

So anxiously waiting for these changes!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,786 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you