Any way to manage Bamboo plans as text instead of the UI?

dlee August 1, 2014

I'm looking for something similar to the Jenkins Job DSL Plugin, which would allow us to move all of our Bamboo plan management out of the UI, and into something much more like source code.

As our build plans are becoming more elaborate, maintaining them through a point-and-click interface is becoming very unweildy. We would also like to be able to branch, merge, tag, etc. our Bamboo configuration, just like we do our source code.

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2014
0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2014

Hi David,

Thank you for your question.

I would kindly ask you to review Bamboo Rest APIs for further information.

Kind regards,
Rafael

dlee August 6, 2014

Rafael,

Thanks for the suggestion. The REST APIs look like they can give some very basic information about plans, but not what I'm looking for.

I'd like to be able to represent all the configurable information about a plan in a human readable DSL. Ideally it would include everything that you can configure via the web pages (stages, tasks, repositories, triggers, branches, etc).

This would allow us to keep our CI configuration in source control, and manage it like we do all of our other development and operations resources.

Xabier Davila June 22, 2015

I agree with David. Bamboo's API is incredibly incomplete and not an option for what he (and most 'serious' Bamboo users) would like to achieve

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events