Any way to manage Bamboo plans as text instead of the UI?

I'm looking for something similar to the Jenkins Job DSL Plugin, which would allow us to move all of our Bamboo plan management out of the UI, and into something much more like source code.

As our build plans are becoming more elaborate, maintaining them through a point-and-click interface is becoming very unweildy. We would also like to be able to branch, merge, tag, etc. our Bamboo configuration, just like we do our source code.

2 answers

0 vote

Hi David,

Thank you for your question.

I would kindly ask you to review Bamboo Rest APIs for further information.

Kind regards,
Rafael

Rafael,

Thanks for the suggestion. The REST APIs look like they can give some very basic information about plans, but not what I'm looking for.

I'd like to be able to represent all the configurable information about a plan in a human readable DSL. Ideally it would include everything that you can configure via the web pages (stages, tasks, repositories, triggers, branches, etc).

This would allow us to keep our CI configuration in source control, and manage it like we do all of our other development and operations resources.

I agree with David. Bamboo's API is incredibly incomplete and not an option for what he (and most 'serious' Bamboo users) would like to achieve

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,094 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot